Saturday, July 14, 2012

Symphony Hall Compositions, by Marion Robinson


The Symphony Hall Compositions

Music Composed by Marion Robinson. (a.k.a. Piano Butch, a.k.a. Bond Robin).

Starting in 1979 for five days every summer for fifteen years I would have Symphony Hall Atlanta to myself as I tweeked the 9' Steinway Concert Grands readying them for the Fall Concert Season. Every year I would compose a piece of music as I voiced and fine regulated the pianos.  So as you listen to these pieces picture a young piano tuner with no musical training playing his soul to an empty hall, listening carefully to each tone and more carefully to exactly how each note felt under his fingers. Each piece was a prayer, asking God to bless my work, the piano and the artists who would play them.  I hope you enjoy them.

Elise Fantasia



Cloudland Canyon


Cannon Theme

Soaring
Kiev Waltz


Seascape
Innocent
Bierstadt
Dogwood Blossoms
Classical Romance


Far Away Eyes


I was in a 120mph headon collision in 1991. For some years I rarely played because it was painful and I didn't have the strength. When I started playing again this is the first piece I wrote. While I was recovering my wife moved us to this beautiful location on Lake Olympia in Western Georgia. I wish my music paid proper homage to the beauty of this peaceful place.
Lake Olympia

I wrote using the famous piece as it's base.
Elise Fantasia (Locomotion) 

Written on September the 11th 2001.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. You have magical fingers that can make great sounds. :) Thank you for the music. I am blessed to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Vallerie Stewart for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.... very, very beautiful! God has blessed you with a talent and you are using it in this manner so that we all could benefit from your art.... Thank you for accepting me as your friend... your friendship has enriched my life with your music and your Holy Boldness to say the truth no matter what... I truly honor that.... God Bless you! My dear friend. <3

    ReplyDelete